Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Difficult moment

My company is having a song translation contest until Friday 7th and I was asked to submit an entry. The song is Fikirkan Boleh. I had someone translated it but I need to write an essay on difficut moment in my working life. All well understood but I was undecided which one is more difficult than the other. I had difficult moment leaving Sony TV in February 2002, difficult days leaving my children with caretaker at the nursery, difficult moment (or rather stressful) with my bosses and difficult times deciding the unpaid-break in 2005. Then I realized, the one-year break to US had the most impact to me as I had the opportunity of one year trying to adjust being a full time housewife, living on our own with 2 babies to care, learning new things, coping with stress and insecurities and opportunities to understand my significant other more than I can ever imagine at home country. Deciding the break was a difficult moment in my working life. We are good now here in Malaysia, and I hope that we will have many great times in the next few years. This is what I've written for the contest:

"I have been working for almost 5 years and so far, the most difficult moment in my working life is when I have to decide whether to stay working in this company or to take leave to accompany my husband while continuing his postgraduate studies overseas. I believe that for many people, it is an easy decision to leave your work and enjoy the stay overseas at least for three years. For me, it is a difficult thing to do because I love my work and I just started to gain confidence from other people on my capabilities of doing stressful job and hoping for faster promotion within a year or two. I was afraid that by the time I came back my friends are all promoted at higher level, and I was left behind picking up bit and pieces where I left before. At the same time, I adore my family very much and the thought of my children growing up far from their father is unacceptable, even though it is for a short duration. Putting my family first above the rest, I decided to take leave for a year and went overseas. I overcame the feeling of insecurity for being a full time housewife and empty spaces while caring for the children by continuing what I love to do; reading, writing and researching on matters that interest me especially on children health. I kept in touch with things happening in the company via emails and communication with my colleague. Even though we were living on a my husband's very small amount of scholarship, I had a wonderful time being with my children, seeing my husband effort to  accelerate his studies and at the same time taking care of our needs. I also had a good time being paid as part time writer for a small online company. It was a good one-year break for me to rejuvenate, widen my horizon, and gain more experiences to be a better person, and employee upon my return to work. I am glad that I made that decision."

Sounds very personal, isn't it? Hehe. I won't win, I just knew it. Company politics as usual. I just took the oppotunity to write my heart out to the others. They don't know me much, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment