Friday, April 4, 2008

Scam?

This morning I received several emails from Alumni on credit card frauds. I have had one experience with CC fraud but it is more towards, I forgot that I subsribed to it when I was in US. Hehe. Anyway, I got a refund from Maybank and the card was cancelled. I'm gonna write about this afternoon incident while I was in Giant, Nilai. I was meant to post the breastpumps to my customer and go shopping at Giant afterwards when a group of youngters approached me and handed me a gift card. Sounds familiar? First I was sceptical and reluctant to open it but somehow seeing the guy was so 'peramah', I opened it. Guess what? I won a Mystery Gift, that was what they told me. I was scammed two years back in my own house so this time I will be more cautious. When I asked, do I need to pay anything to get the Mystery Gift (which they claim could be a Persona (01) or a Viva (02) or even a 15K cash (17)), they said no.. nothing whatsoever. I queried about the package shown in the card, they said no, I don't have to buy anything, just go to their office and see what kind of gift that I got. Then I saw the promotion already ended (31/3/08) and today is 4/4/08. No, they said the company extended it because the gifts were not claimed. They seemed to have every answer for every questions that I have. So, for benefit of my doubt, I went to Oakland Commerce Square in Seremban and talk to their manager. Then, I know it was all scam or shall I said near scam. I have to agree that I will buy the package consists of a microwave (Taiwan's brand) and a foot reflexology machine (China brand) that will cost me RM2600 then I can only see the gift number (which they claimed it can only be scanned at the central office. Where is the office? They never revealed). After much arguments and they still don't give in to me to see the gift number, I called my husband to check on the company (he is working at Company's Commission, remember?). It turned out that the company, Worldwide Freeway Sdn Bhd is a registered company for some sort of management of hardware, civil works, piping etc and the registered address is in Penang, not Seremban. I thanked them and quickly drove away. Their faces, frustrated that they could not get me. Haha! Thanks to my DH, I nearly got scam twice.

It was a good Friday afternoon lunch break. I had a mee goreng at 3 pm, and missed the Unit Meeting (Sorry boss!). Have a great weekend everyone!

--
Best Regards,
Noradlina
http://rafdina.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment