Monday, April 28, 2008

Wedding photos

For the past few weeks, I have been looking at my newly weds friends' photos in FB. Very nicely crafted by experienced photographer, the photos include (but not limited to) the 'rings', door gifts, flower petals, hantaran, wedding cakes and most of all, the couples' poses (especially the bride). I envied them all for being so lucky to have it all during the wedding day. One of my fren, even have time to go to the seaside and posed there. Very romantic picture. I wished I had one like that. My wedding picture? Emm.. I am not regreting that I did not hire the professional photographer (because they were expensive those days!) but I wished I could flashback to my wedding day and take pictures with my family (yes, we did not get to gather them on time for family pics, they were all gone!). My DH family are big, they came by bus to my parents' home (where the wedding took place) and they were all tired after a long travelling hours the night before.
It was raining the morning when akad was scheduled. People say it is good, that the marriage is 'sejuk' (will be blessed and forever, I hope so, amiin).. but raining is not good the fact that the ground was wet and I had my high heels covered with mud (oh no!). It was not too sunny, nor too cold for bersanding ceremony. Everyone was happy, especially my parents as I was their last child to wed. I was so damn tired and has forgotten to refresh the make up etc for more photos. At 25 years old, I was not that particular about make up and such as I was one of those energetic young engineer trying to capture as much as I can at work. I did not take time to spend on manicure or facial before the wedding and only took leave two days before the actual day. I remembered vividly the moment DH slipped the ring on my finger after akad, we were so happy and relieved that finally we belong to each other, officially. This Saturday, 3rd May 2008, will be our 5th wedding anniversary. 12 years ago, we met in UK, fall in love and went through thick and thin during undergraduate days. Today, we had two beautiful daughters to care and nurture in hope that they will have the opportunity to experience fulfilling life as we did. I think I just have to forgo the idea of having beautifully crafted wedding photos as I already had every wonderful photos that I can imagine inside me.

No comments:

Post a Comment