Thursday, July 10, 2008

Turtle eggs and our life...

I read with sympathy to one of my seniors emails who are working with WWF on turtle conservations in Kemaman (DH’s hometown). She wrote about makcik at pasar malam selling turtle eggs and how she tried persuaded her to stop selling the eggs to people and trying even harder to stop people for buying those eggs. I doubt I can do like her, even though I never eat turtle eggs (tak sampai hati lah!) but I am not courageous enough to sit in front of the seller and persuade people not to buy the eggs. Imagine in 1000 eggs, only 1 hatchling survive to be adult turtle. So sad! What if turtle extinct, what will happen to the ocean ecosystem? Can never imagine another naive animal like turtle will extinct and my children can only see them in a picture book. We are part of the ecosystem, part of other’s life in this planet. Everyone plays a role in making this planet a living green planet. Then, I remember, I always hate when it is time for me to go to the system controllers department. Just because they are so arrogant and ‘berlagak pandai’. Some of them even counter back what I said, although it is true! But if the system that I control dies off, with no one to care and maintain, it will definitely have an effect on them too. Just because some people disagree with me, it does not mean I can forgo the responsibilities that I have to take care of the system (even if it is too painful to bear with). I am doing my part in the circle of life.

 

Despite the hectic schedule I have this week, I ended up finishing most of the important jobs – fault current data, LC details, marine insurance, schedule for commissioning and organizing (and making sure of) my men bring all the equipment to site work next week. Tomorrow is Friday; I need to tie up loose ends quickly. I am sure that both Docs are waiting for the letters, flight tickets to book early morning and those letters need to be faxed to Region by noon.

 

I love my work and my life. My work is not my life. My hobby is my work. My life is my family. Sometimes I hate my work but I never hate my life. Time to go home! Cheerios!

 

Side note: I still envy IM for his 3 proposals in 4 months time. Tak de keje lain ke dia tu?

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment