This week, I should say, a dusty but happy week, at least for me. DH started the store project work on Monday, and the house are all covered with dust! We close the doors most of the evening (after work, I mean) but the kids were extremely happy as they got to play with neighbours's daughters freely. They took turn eating cookies and watched TV together. Well, the work started with breaking up the separation wall because the plan is to share the roof and build additional storage place. It has been a week since they started and hopefully by Monday or Tuesday everything will be finished and I got my store! Yeay!
So today, in conjunction with the new store, we decided to stop by at IKEA store to pick up the kids' table, after Adilin's wedding at Seri Kembangan. I love IKEA's furniture but too pricey. Early this year, we bought similar design and quality for a fraction of IKEA's price at a local furniture shop. I wish that tauke got more that kind of furniture for kids, but not for the time being. We ended up with SLAVA table and chairs for RM139, several plastic storage boxes and a puppy plush toy for Nabilah. Najihah was agitated by the time we got to the Mines because she could not get the first ice-cream her eyes landed on at Ikea Coffee Shop. Beratur panjang giler! So, DH started to giving her time-out but knowing Najihah, she kept on complaining and wailing until dinner time, waiting time and driving back time. I knew DH loves the kids so much, but today's ordeals were too much to handle actually.
This is what actually happened at Mines today. My Maybank Visa Debit card was declined because it has a limit of RM500 transaction amount per day that I did not know of (it shouldn't be like that, it is my money, why set a limit? idiots!), and he had to run back and forth to settle the payment for his Windows and Karpersky's licenses, plus another hour waiting for tauke Apple to install the software in his little MacBook. The kids were tired esp Najihah (who is still very much upset because of the first Ikea's ice cream, even though she had Mc'Donald's ice cream later on) and started doing silly things like asking for toys and such. Najihah fell off on the ground as she wailed for ice cream, DH was mad and gave her another time-out but later ended up, with both of them crying! That was the first time I saw DH cried after few years we came back from US. I was touched and honestly, I could not believe my eyes as Najihah was known to be protected by me (did I? I don't think so..) and she always the big-headed 3-yr old toddler in the house.
At 9 pm, everyone was damn tired and DH drove back as fast as he could to catch 10 pm bed time. At half past ten, with one Ikea's storage box filled with colored pencis, my angels slept soundly in their room. It was a tiring 10-hours outing today, but every moments are priceless. At least for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment