I recently purchased a new set of Avent Out and About breastpump set with intention to resell at reasonable price for mummies out there. While searching for advertising places, I came across plastic bottle with BPA (bisphenol A, a chemical found in some hard, translucent plastics and epoxy resins) issues especially for branded items like Avent. Though I found several good contacts to offer Avent items in the future, I started my own research on BPA information. It turns out that most of baby bottles are made with BPA, but what to do with the old stuff that is not BPA-free? A good article to share can be found here. I am going to check my babies' bottles to day (it should have either #1,#2,#4 or #5 on the recycling code, otherwise it is not BPA-free). Maybe I need to throw some of them to minimize risk of BPA leaches into my kids milk when it is heated. Luckily my water bottle has #5 recycling code, which is BPA-free, but the Felton water bottle has #7 on it so I cannot use hot water inside it even though it was meant for hot & cold water... what a waste of money..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Recently Minnesota banned BPA children products effective Jan 1, 2010. CAP Malaysia has voiced out that this country is a potential BPA products dumping because the developed countries already banned BPA products. What is Malaysia doing? Not sure though. But I already dashed out all plastics items including my babies' bottles and changed them to BPA-free PES bottles (SafetyPlus that is). At least I have taken some action.
ReplyDelete