Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Breakaway..

At last I can write something on my recent trip to Kota Kinabalu. It has been a long waiting holiday breakaway for me and my husband. With Nabilah getting naughtier day by day, a decent trip is hard to get. Besides some hickups on the accommodation and the flight, I enjoyed every bit of it. We got sea-view double room, instead of the boring golf course-view previously booked. Glad that he mistakenly booked a twin-bed room. Hehe. I stayed at the hotel most mornings, since my hubby has to attend several sessions for the conference. Just sitting by the window with Nabilah, doing nothing other than watching the calm South China Sea and marina parked with luxury boats every morning, made me reluctant to leave this place.



My hubby's friend joined us most of the time. Most of the time, I felt sorry for him because being single, he has to bear with a boisterous 10-months old baby girl and a mother who likes to window shop. I think it's better if he's married and has a baby like us. We are even then. Hehe. Nevertheless, we went to Filipino Market and spent some on pearls. I'm not really into pearls, bought a few for my sisters and two bracelets for myself. Nabilah got a set of chain and bracelet made from white pearls for her 1st birthday (advance present from Ayah). I'm more of handicrafts person, I bought 2 baskets and nearly persuade my hubby to buy a big woven mat. I did not spent much on souvenirs (keychains, and small stuff alike) this time, not much to buy in KK compared during my trip to Kuching last year. KK is not a shopping haven, it's more for overstressed people like myself, who want some peace and away from hectic, busy city life.



Weekends were too short. We rent a car for a day that costs us RM120. Too late for 'kaki Gunung Kinabalu' trip near Kundasang, we went to Tanjung Aru and eat chicken wings with air kelapa. Later, as we were underpacked this time, I bought 2 blouses (cheaper and nicer compared to the usual Jaya Jusco's or Warta's) for myself and a batik shirt for my hubby. We dined out most of the nights, and amazingly Nabilah could stay awake past her bedtime, the usual 7.30 nite nite (maybe because it's dark early in KK .. almost dark by 6.30 p.m.). We had seafood dinner with big ikan kerapu and squids. Could not eat much as the nasi is not cooked to my liking. I ate all squids and most of 'the' fish. Hehe.



After 5 days and 4 nights stay, I sadly left the place. Next year, insyaallah, it will be a very much different type of holiday I'm looking forward too. New season and new experiences esp for my precious little daughter or maybe daughters? :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment