Monday, December 6, 2004

Hard times...

I did not have the 'usual' Monday morning blues today.. pretty unusual but yep, I was working from 9.30 (because we have the usual Monday morning meeting for an hour.. work starts at 9.30 on Monday..) until 5.10, when I decided to check my email and write something. I had a quick lunch at Cempaka Food Court, Billion and went to Cosway before that. Pretty busy Monday for me. It was because I left my laptop power cable in the office during weekend. I cannot work without it, the battery was too low.. Silly me!



I did finish several parts of the guideline, which I need to submit on Wednesday. I did not bother to jot down what my boss asked or rather suggest me to do on the system because I already have it in my mind of doing for a very, very long time. It is just a matter of time. He did not give me enough time to settle things one by one. Sometimes it frustrates me more each day, I cannot do what I really want to do. I have been asked to fit here and there.. to finish up some unfinish business from someone else. It has been so long, almost two years.. when I think the others are escalating more than myself in term of their technical capabilities, to their liking.



This morning, a colleague talked about 'A Butterfly's Lesson'. It strucked my mind, that maybe, in a subtle way, I've been shielded and pampered too much. Until at one point, I felt that I don't have the freedom to choose things that I want to do. Things that I can do better than anyone else. Perhaps, it is a good time to take a long break.



p/s: Wisconsin Univ. has accepted his doctorate proposal. I guess we'll be going there in a few months time :-) Should start thinking of taking the 'test'.. hehehe...





2 comments:

  1. wah! congrats! syiok aa nabilah, dapat membesar kat oversea for at least 3years, right? anyways, what kind of "test" that you gotta take?

    ReplyDelete
  2. still have to wait for JPA'a approval lak.. next March baru tau.. think of TOEFL or GRE. Kalau malas, jaga baby je lah =)

    ReplyDelete