This week is appraisal week. Everyone is busy catching up with his or her bosses for appraisal. As for me, I have quite a handful of bosses to catch. Most of us was outstation early of the week. So, when I came back from Kuantan on Wednesday, I received a call from a familiar voice, 'Have you done your appraisal? You have some KPI with me. Please prepare the form". Oh no! I totally forgot that some of important KPI were under him. While waiting for my turn, few colleagues before me was actually in hot spot because this particular boss need all details and evidence to support the appraisal. Well, fair enough but isn't it that we have shown everything continuously? She took like 4 hours to finish her appraisal. I was the last for the evening, almost half past five when everyone was heading home. I went to see him, quickly brief him on changes done and I even said that I think that I don't deserve anything less than average for all my KPIs. I was not sure why but he gave me quite an exepected results and remarks. I hope no one misunderstood his judgement because I deserve all credits given by him. People may think that I am one of those people who favour his leadership action. But no, I did complaint sometimes and I did voiced out my dissappointment against his action. Only most people will see that being his assistant for past three years made me understand his point of view more than other people understand him. He is a good mentor, and I hope he will turn back into technical track for more research work. However, having people like him in the management team is also good as they would understand our constraints and needs, more than people who did not have any experience doing research.
One thing that I hope he understand that he cannot control us like sheep (not that he did that to us.. just an example). We are dedicated to our work and will strive to do the best. Being a researcher before he climbed the management post, he should understand us better. I sincerely hope he will take my view into consideration. I will not heavily complaint on what I was asked to do, but some day I hope I have someone to share the load and eventually someone to back me up when I was not around.
Hope he will understand.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment