Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009: A Wrap Up

Pejam celik dah hujung tahun dah nih. Tahun ni memang mencabar utk seluruh keluarga aku. From the beginning of the year till the end. Not a good year for me, I think. The family feud went on with my parents’ secret unveiled and my mom went into depression together with my late dad failing health. Then, followed by death of family members (my late aunt and my uncle from dad’s side and lastly my late dad) about 3 months apart from each other. My dad passed away in Ramadhan and this is the 1st year that we celebrated Raya without him. DH lost his job at the uni and luckily, we survived the crisis with my side business income for nearly 3 months. He got a new job as HoU for a Government Agency at the city center but his traveling routine took my liberty of working late. We have spent less days with the in laws at Kemaman this year, not sure why but I believe it was due to limited leaves for DH when he started working at the new company. The kids enrolled into a nice Islamic Montessori school with reasonable fees. They can write, read, color and draw on their own better than last year. DH and I were struggling to finish up our Masters with late night study and writings. Work-wise was quite impressive although some of the things were in just by luck. For example, the company picked me as the one of the best researchers, and into the Talent Pool. DH maintained as OUM part-time lecturer and after we advertised his expertise in SPSS and EViews analysis online, more work coming in for him. Alhamdulillah. I closed my long-term project successfully ahead of time and secured another project before the year end. I went to Bakun Dam for work and outstation increases this year compared to last. My house still the same without new improvement and the lawn is still an empty greenish carpet with few planters on the rocks. We had a nice breakaway in February to Penang, but that was the only one this year.
This is a bittersweet year for me and my family. We gained something and lost something along the way. The biggest challenge was to swallow the whole truth about our relationship in my family. Many things we have taken for granted and we have learnt the lesson in a hard way. When I reflect those memories, I knew I am not a kind-hearted person but I am learning to be one. As another year has passed, I vowed to enjoy the life fully as though I will leave tomorrow and never come back. Praise to Allah, who has given all the beautiful gifts, joys and sorrows throughout this year, of which He knew we can endure. May the year ahead bring joy and happiness for every one of us. Amiin.

----------------------------

Looking for Perfume Essence, Natural Skin Care or Baby Products? www.NabilaHouse.com has it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment