First day back in office! After nearly 2 weeks cuti Raya, I’m back to work. This morning, Nabilah woke up late as usual. I’ve to drag her to eat and change her clothes. Today, she sat on her new car seat. Mengamuk sakan! First time, can be excused.. stopped 2 times, before toll plaza and on the highway. Scolded her once, she cried and then everything went well.. kesian tengok dia nangis, but mommy has to do what mommy has to do.. hehe...
This raya was wonderful but more tiring compared to other years. First, because it is our first Hari Raya with Nabilah, and her first time raya too. Second, my sister gave birth to a baby boy.. yay! Another nephew. I’ve always like babies, boy or girl doesn’t matter.. they are soooo cute. My sister’s son loves to eat. Envy her quite a bit because Nabilah stopped breastfeeding after 3 months. I hope I can breast feed my next baby up to 2 years. Insyaallah.. So, this raya I’ve become Mak’s helper.. but not on preparing dishes because I was too busy handling my own daughter. I did most of dish washing and help here and there in the kitchen. I’ve helped Ayah to arrange kuih raya.. most of them I bought for Mak.. hehe.. Nabilah was so tight up with her routine every day.. 6.30 she woke up to ayam berkokok.. her favourite sound.. she crawled to her dad and asked to be picked up to see her ayam jantan. 7 o’clock, I fed her while she watch her ayam berkokok or do whatever-lah. She enjoyed it every minute. Almost 9 o’clock, she will be sleepy and asked for her morning nap. And I have to take a nap with her too.. if not, she will only sleep for half an hour. So, gone my one and a half hour to help Mak. 10.30 her lunch time, bubur nasi with ikan merah.. right after lunch, bath time.. her favourite duck will come along. And after bath, she will play with her dad until her afternoon nap at about Zohor. She doesn’t need mommy for her afternoon nap.. so, I have my lunch and do some work.. but most of the time, I nap with her too.. hah, what a routine.. the wonderful thing is, she will totally be sleepy by 8 p.m. every night (during ramadhan, she sleeps at about 7.30 p.m.. I think she’s also fasting-lah).. so, we were left to enjoy ourselves at night.. dpt lah sembang-sembang and makan-makan with the rest of my family..
First day raya was not that tiring as we decided to stay at home. Makan, makan and makan. Second day, we went to Atuk’s house in Panchor. Nabilah was fussy. She did not get enough afternoon nap. She fall asleep a minute after went inside the car, so, we decided to go straight to Mak Uteh’s house in Bakri, Muar.. It took us more than an hour to reach there because we were lost.. hahaha.. Nabilah woke up a happy girl, while mommy and daddy sakit kepala because of the traffic.. That night, my relatives from Ayah’s side came.. havoc satu rumah, but Nabilah syok je sleeping in the room.. We called her condition ‘pengsan’… hahaha…
We went back to Kemaman on 3rd raya. The journey was terrible at first because Nabilah was so nakal and she just could not duduk diam-diam.. I ended up holding her feet while her hands on the dashboard. Penat. After 2 hours, she fall asleep. Lega. We talked so that my husband is not sleepy. Lately, I think most of our ‘conversations’ were in the car, not at home. We are too busy to talk at home, except during dinner and before sleeping at night.. most of the time, it’s either with Nabilah or we are sleeping.. hehehe.. We reached Kemaman at about 8 pm. Very tiring journey.
Raya at Kemaman was different. The next day, my husband bakar satay and ate them like he never eat one. Well, in Johor, our first day raya dishes will be ketupat nasi, ayam masak merah, lodeh, kari ayam, sambal kacang and serunding.. his favourite satay was not in the list, so, balas dendam lah tuh.. kesian, I could not help him because Nabilah need her nap. We went visiting after her afternoon nap and went on until Maghrib, when Nabilah was so agitated to go to sleep. After 2 days, we still could not finished our visit to my husband’s relatives houses because they are so many.. and we only have time like 4 hours a day to go out.. and that minus my time to help Mak in the kitchen.. this time I was a bad daughter-in-law.. I did not cook a single dish pun.. we decided to continue during Raya Haji.. fair isn’t it? Hehehe..
Hope next raya will be more joyful.. if we are here to celebrate it *sigh*.. but I guess I do miss spending Raya abroad with no family or relatives nearby.. in that case, I have to cook dishes and bakar satay utk my husband-lah kot.. and Nabilah won’t get duit raya as much as she got this year-lah.. heck, raya tetap raya..
Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri Maaf Zahir & Batin!
No comments:
Post a Comment