Friday, March 13, 2009

Of boxes and luxury bedsheets..

The servers came in today before lunch. I was very happy to see those boxes and could not stop smiling while unloading the heavy boxes from the truck. We had quite trouble time on this procurement starting from the approval, up to the delivery. In getting those boxes here, I had encountered many sleepless nights handling (and leading) various parties work that includes finance, asset management, tax exemption (MOF), insurance, logistics and numerous others. Although my colleagues at various locations work effectively, but when it comes to handling the vendor's late delivery, I was the one who need to aggressively push them to meet our target. It doesn't help when in between the delivery, there was change in power at the other side and you were the one the boss chase when it is due. It was a bittersweet memory in carrying out the responsibilities of huge capital expenditure. Insyaallah we will install and commission those in May and most importantly that the expenditure must be utilized this year.

 

Being a very happy bee today, I forgo the idea of seeing AO for GIS work and headed straight to Sleep Focus Stock Clearance Sale nearby my house at Desaria. Although it is a 3-day sale (until Sunday 15th), I went to see it today because I did not want to drag the kids to the sale anymore like last year. They were damned tired and exhausted because of the heat (the sale was at car park area). This stock clearance sale was quite small. Many pillows, comforter sets and bedsheets on sale but very few ready made curtains, which I was looking after. I managed to find a pair of brownish French pleats ready made sliding door curtains from Novelle for less than RM90 per set. It was a bargain indeed. I went ahead with 6 bath mats and 2 towels from Ann Taylor, one set of luxury satin rose colored queen bedsheet (450 threads) from Jean Perry for RM100 and a very cheap RM25 pair of deep red pillow cases from Jean Perry too. RM371 for an hour shopping of luxury brands home furnishing, very cheap. Now I need to stop thinking of buying any Coach or Carlo Rino handbags until the next hefty check from my outstation trips. I can only buy a Bonia, but maybe will settle with the purse first before I can grab any luxury handbag from the store.

 

The funny thing that I observed was there was a big bus coming from Customs Department and they actually made trip to this warehouse from their office! I saw nurses and many government servants spending their Friday lunch break at this clearance sale. May be next year I will consider changing our deep red Silk Satin queen comforter set, if there are any offer from the same warehouse.

 

I am thinking of bringing the kids to Open Dance Day for Ballet class at Living Arts, Puchong this Sunday 15th. Need to start finding weekend activities besides swimming, otherwise they will be bored and started to made funny things at home. Hope will make it to the class at 11:30 am. Nabilah should be excited. I hope so.

 

It's Friday, I need to work some more to make up for lost shopping time during break, and will go for another trip this evening with DH and kids to buy groceries. Another working weekend for me.

 

Cheerios everyone!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment